Leigh Elliot A(Dip)CSA-CICB (Cert IV)
Principal of Dare 2 Dance
Miss Leigh began her dance training at the age of five in Durban, South Africa under the guidance of Kerry Barends.
Miss Leigh completed all of her Cecchetti method ballet examinations before pursuing a professional career in dancing spanning over seven years.
After completion of her teachers exams in Cecchetti ballet as well as Imperial modern, Miss Leigh opened her own dance studio in South Africa known as 'Leigh Tomich School of Dance'. She ran this highly successful studio for over 13 years before immigrating to Australia with her young family in 1996.
Dare 2 Dance was first opened by MIss Leigh in 1997, commencing with just 20 students. Today, Dare 2 Dance continues to grow from strength strength and has over 260 students pursuing their love for dance and following in the footsteps of previous students who have forged successful international dancing careers.
Jacel Dunn A(Dip)CSA-CICB (Cert IV)
Miss Jacel began her career in dance at the age of 12, commencing as a once-a-week jazz student at Dare 2 Dance. Her passion for dancing grew quickly and she soon became involved in all ballet, jazz, tap and hip-hop classes. Miss Jacel successfully completed her Associate in Cecchetti ballet in 2008 and Associate Diploma in 2014 under the guidance of Miss Leigh, and her Certificate IV in dance teaching and management. Some of her achievements include:
* Cecchetti ballet exams through to Advanced 1
* Qld representative at the National Aerobics Schoolaerobics Competition
* Promotional dancer (GC 600, nightclubs and Indy)
* Certificate III and IV in fitness
* Certified aerobics instructor
* Certified pilates instructor
Sarah Chislett A(Dip)CSA-CICB (Cert IV)
Miss Sarah joined Dare 2 Dance in preschool and from year one participated in ballet, jazz and tap lessons. Miss Sarah successfully completed her Associate under the direction of Miss Leigh in 2011 and was a student-teacher of Dare 2 Dance in 2012. Miss Sarah officially joined the Dare 2 Dance teaching team in 2013 teaching ballet to junior school students. Miss Sarah has just successfully attained her Associate Diploma in Cecchetti Ballet. Some her achievements include:
* Cecchetti Ballet exams through to Advanced 1
* Promotional dancer (GC 600)
Natalie Keevers Cert IV in Dance & Fitness
Natalie Keevers is a versatile experienced teacher/aerialist/dancer and entertainer. With over 15 years of training and professional experience. Natalie loves to share her passion and experiences with students.
* She has travelled the world on multiple international and local contracts working with Angelis Productions at Sunway Lagoon Malaysia
* Ocean Park Hong Kong
* Jupiters Casino on the Gold Coast
* Aerial Angels in China
* Norwegian Cruise Lines as a production cast Dancer
* Currently performing in Broadbeach at The Pink Flamingo Spiegeclub 'Sauve'
Brooke Thompson Cert IV in Dance & Fitness
Brooke has just recently completed 2 years of full-time dance training at Ikin Dance on the Gold Coast under the guidance of incredible teachers from all over the globe.
Brooke has a strong passion for Hip Hop and Commercial Jazz and strives to help her students grow and become the best, most versatile dancers they can be.
Some of Brooke's achievements include:
* Cert III in fitness
* Gold Coast Titans Cheerleader
* Backup dancer for Havana Brown
* Backup dancer for Brooke Evers
* Backup dancer for Will Sparks
* Performances for international companies such as Isagenix, Puma Energy, EB Games and many more.
Jordan has trained his whole life on the Gold Coast beginning with gymnastics competing at a national level, leading on to dancing training under Sheridan Vollenweider in styles of jazz, commercial, adagio, hip hop, tap, ballet, contemporary as well as acrobatics from Ben Nicolodi at a leading dance school on the Gold Coast. He then completed Conroy Performing Arts College full time dance course in Brisbane, also during this time he has completed his certificate III in fitness.
His professional career took off at DreamWorld Australia performing for Nickelodeon and Dreamwork’s as well as WB MovieWorld and The Sudden Impact Entertainment Company. Jordan also performed in John Michael Howson’s original production of Pyjamas in Paradise as a lead dancer and acrobat. Most recently travelled overseas on numerous contracts as dance captain with Norwegian Cruise Lines.
Jordan is dedicated to and passionate about what he does and is looking forward to passing on his Knowledge and skills with his students.
Clare Henry Cert III in Dance (Australian Ballet)
Clare works as a dancer, model, performer and dance teacher. Her passion for ballet and dance was evident from a young age and she began her training at Kay Flynn Dancing Academy and with Prudence Bowen on the Gold Coast. She has taught for 10 years, in classical ballet, pointe and pre-pointe programs and contemporary at schools on the Gold Coast and in Brisbane. Her love for teaching gives her the opportunity to share her love for dance and cultivate a passion in the next generation. She has a passion to use the arts as a means of therapy and giving the gift of dance to as many people as she can.
Her achievements include:
*Cert III in Dance from The Australian Ballet School – performing various ballets
* A.R.A.D from the Royal Academy of Dance
*Trainee with Ballet Magnificat! USA for 2 years
*Bachelor of Creative Industries, QUT
*Victoria in Cats, Harvest Rain Theatre Company
* Creative Team for Woodford Folk Festival
*Worked with Queensland Health on the Positive Mindset Creative Arts Festival
*Universal Studios Japan as a dancer & show captain
* Ensemble for Cloudland the Musical this coming year
Nickolas Mills Fulltime Training
Nickolas Mills joins us off the back of a dance contract with Norwegian Cruise Lines. With 13 years dance experience we are excited to have him as part of our Dare 2 Dance staff, passing on his knowledge of dance and performing to our young dancers he will be an asset to our D2D family.
Some of his many achievements include:
* Norwegian Cruise Line – Production Cast Dancer, 2018
* Full-Time Dance Training at Ikin Dance Australia, 2017
* E.B Games 20th Anniversary Gala Dinner- dancer, 2017
* Dreamworld Australia – Dancer (Jazz, Commercial Jazz, Hip Hop, Tap), 2016 to present
* Dreamworld Australia – Suit Character Performer (DreamWorks), 2016 to present
* Dreamworld Australia – Scare Actor (Sudden Impact Productions), 2016 to present
* Dance Teacher – A.B Patterson College, 2017 to 2018
* Dance Teacher – Showbiz Express Circus and Dance, 2016 to 2017
* Red Boot Hoot in 2014, 2015, 2016(Ronald McDonald Foundation).
Mckenzie Ecob Cert IV in Dance Teaching and Management
Mckenzie joined Dare 2 Dance in 2007 and attended classes until her final year of schooling at Saint Stephens College in 2018.
She has trained in many genres such as Cecchetti Ballet (up to Advanced 1), Jazz, Contemporary (ATOD to Level 5), Tap, Lyrical, Acro, Cheer, Aerobics and Glee/Musical Theatre. In 2017 Mckenzie was awarded Dancer of the show and in 2018 she was also recognised for her performing and awarded a unique opportunity to perform at Movie World. Mckenzie has also performed on stage in Disneyland California with Dare 2 Dance on the 2018 USA Tour. She has completed various workshops and dance classes in LA, Sydney and throughout Queensland.
In 2020 Mckenzie will study fulltime dance with Global Dance Pro and will cheer on the Gold Coast Titans as she joins the Sirens Reserve Cheer Squad.
A list of Mckenzie's achievements include:
* Rockwear, Store Opening - Dancer - Coomera Westfield (2018)
* Commonwealth Games - Dancer, Opening Ceremony (2018)
* Dare 2 Dance - Showtime "Dancer Of The Show" (2017)
* Movie World Backstage Performance Team Experience (2017 and 2019)
* National School Aerobics Competition runner up in Glee Audition (2018)
* Multiple State/National Dance Champion Team Titles (2014 - 2018 )
* Cecchetti Ballet - Intermediate Level (2017) (Studying Adv.)
* Certificate IV in Dance Teaching and Business Management (2018)
* Dare 2 Dance Showtime - (2007 - 2018)
* Global Dance Pro - Full Time Course (2020)
* Sirens Cheerleading - Reserves team (2020)
Miss Brogan was born into the dancing world. She began her career in dance in nappies and under the direction of her mum. Throughout her 21 years of dancing, Miss Brogan was trained and taught by Miss Leigh in classical ballet, jazz, tap, modern and hip-hop. A few of Miss Brogan's achievements are highlighted below.
* Winner of the Qld Cecchetti Harold Colins Shield
* Winner of the Qld Cecchetti Bronze Medal
* Two time winner of the Qld Cecchetti Silver Medal
* Winner of the Qld Aerobics State Championship (Group)
* Qld representative at the National Aerobics SchoolaerobicsCompetition
* Qld representative at the National Hip-Hop Schoolaerobics Championship
* National Champion - Jazz section (2013)
* National Runner up - Lyrical section (2013)
* Brisbane Broncos and Gold Coast Titans cheerleader
* Promotional dancer (GC 600, Indy, nightclubs and corporate events)
* Dreamworld dancer and performer
* Cecchetti ballet exams through to Advanced 1
* Imperial Modern syllabus exams through to Intermediate
* Imperial Tap syllabus exams through to intermediate